RV Daily Tips Issue 495. October 21, 2014 | RV Travel
Climb to your roof easier with a ladder extension;
I have been using one of the three step models for years, being hurt and unable to climb like I should (for my age) and the fact that my 5th wheel steps start above the bumper line is it very hard and dangerous for me with out the step extensions. So give it a thought maybe if it were not so hard to get up on the roof more people might go up and check their roofs for damage and wear and tear maintenance that we should all be doing?
There is a saying that “Sometimes the first step is the hardest.” A lot of RVers would agree when it comes to mounting their ladder for access to the roof. But good luck finding a factory-equipped ladder that extends down below the bumper.
What this means is that we’re often forced to climb awkwardly onto our RV’s bumper to get onto the first step, or find a stool or chair to give us the extra lift. This isn’t always the safest approach.
Here’s a solution — Surco’s two- and three-step ladder extensions that make getting a leg up on your RV ladder a lot easier.
• The ladder extension slips easily onto the bottom rung of your permanent ladder and secures with twist hooks.
• Fits on the ladder of any RV with a one-inch tube.
• Twisting hooks make for easy on-off with no tools required.
• Two-step ladder extends down to bumper, providing starter steps from the bumper to the first rung of your RV ladder.
• Three-step ladder extends fully to the ground for even easier access to the regular roof ladder.
• Wide, nonslip steps provide sure footing and added safety.
• Manufactured from heavy-gauge aluminum with a bright dipped finish.
• Lightweight aluminum construction, fully assembled and easy to store.
Posted on October 21, 2014, in The world as i see it as a camper and who loves his country and tagged camping, how to's, Koa, motorhomes, outdoors, road trips, rv maintenance, rv news, rv tips, rv's, rving, safety, tailgating, towing, trailers, traveling, winter camping. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.